2016년 5월 25일 수요일

2016 May 24, Service Design Lecture by Park Jung Eun

We had a lecture about service design by Park Jung Eun, service designer who has a lot of experience in design industries. Not only theoretical content, but also her empirical experience in UK were main focus in the lecture. She spent almost 1year to develop 'home library', book delivery service for elder people in London. I was impressed that they care much about elder in the society and this area is also huge part of the market. My personal experience in Cardiff also reminds me that how much they care about elder people, because I saw many elder people have their job in markets or stores, which is hard to observe in my country.

What she highlighted during lecture was 'tacit knowledge'. She mentioned that tacit knowledge is obtained by interaction with individual customer rather than formal research. For example, each customer have different preference in type of books, and it can be obtained by previous history of their interaction. Then they know which kind of book each customer like and deliver them books likely they are willing to read.She also mentioned that service is not made by single process, it is rather keep developed by iteration progress.

During the QnA session, I ask some questions about my previous working experience as part time job. I conducted to service process for new coffee brand in Beijing and my main task was creating service journey map in the cafe. But they didn't provide me enough data and keep force me to just make it. Therefore, I completed the journey map using my imagination. So my question was how should I react in this kind of situation. She advised me that even that was not unusual situation, I should be more flexible, and tried to contact other researcher or find extra data even if my job was not field researcher.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기